- A gas furnace will have a flue pipe and a gas line coming out of the cabinet.
- The unit only requires 110v electricity to run.
- You will be able to a flame inside the unit when it is running
- AFUE ratings (80% to 98% AFUE) translate to your annual energy cost to heat your home. In other words, if you have an 80% AFUE Furnace, 80% of your energy dollars actually go to heating your home and 20% go up the flue pipe. So, if you installed a 98% AFUE Gas Furnace you would only be losing 2% of your energy dollars
- If your system is more than 10 to 15 years old it’s probably only a 60% AFUE and should be replaced as soon as possible.
- Single Stage Furnaces are great for milder climates, but more efficient heating can be achieved with 2 stage heating.
- Variable Speed Furnaces (blower speeds) also help to increase efficiency.